Mount an Image Using DAEMON Tools
ISO, MDS/MDF, CUE/BIN, CCD/IMG are forms of storing disk images within a file. In the cases of MDS/MDF, CUE/BIN and CCD/IMG; the MDS, CUE and CCD contain metadata about the disk and convey it to it’s partner file. The MDF, BIN and IMG files are the disk images that use the metadata to run the disk stored within.
To use the stored data in the ISO, MDS/MDF, CUE/BIN or CCD/IMG files you can either burn it to a disk or better yet, save yourself a disk and mount it virtually using a drive emulator such as DAEMON Tools.
Get it here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc (DAEMON Tools lite is the free version and all you need)
How To Mount An Image Using DAEMON Tools
- Obviously for this you will need to have installed DAEMON Tools.
- Right click the “http://onlyhentaigames.com/images/DAEMONtools.jpg” to open the DAEMON Tools options. (the icon is located on the right hand side of the task bar / in the list of icons next to the time.)
- Hover over “Virtual CD/DVD-ROM”, this will expand the options.
- Hover over “Device 0: [F:] No Media” and this will also expand your options.
- Now Click on “Mount Image”, this will open a window titled “select image file”.
- Locate the file you wish to mount and double on it click it. The disk image should auto play. If it doesn’t then simply go into “My Computer” and double click the disk to play it as you would a normal disk. (it should appear on your [F:] drive)
-If you have multiple disks, simply mount them when the install wizard requests it.
What File Should I Mount?
Here are some common combination of image files;
- If there is just an ISO then you want to mount it
- When there is an MDS and an MDF >OR< an MDS and an ISO you mount the MDS
- When you have a CUE and A BIN file you mount the CUE file
- When you have a CCD and an IMG file you mount the CCD
- Occasionally you will see a CUE, CCD and IMG file together. In this case you mount the CUE file.